Sunday 8 June 2014

My Favourite Food Experiences




I love trying new food: from haute cuisine to street food, fresh local fruit to exotic meats, the locally brewed fire water to a locally brewed chai. The delicious to the unusual. For me, food is a huge and integral part of the travel experience, and narrowing down some best bits is very tricky!

The process was aided a little as I don't have pictures of everything I could have included, such as the curry served on banana leaves at an Indian cafe in Penang, the wild banana rotis we had for tea in Ipoh. Seafood and sangria in Barcelona or the delicious benachin rice and peanut curry in The Gambia.

There are still plenty of examples though (so far, and in no particular order):





Testi Kebab and Baklava in Istanbul








Honey Pineapple and King Coconuts in Singapore






Sheep Brain in Marrakech











Malay buffet, Kuala Lumpur






Momo and Massalla Chai in Nepal






Falafel in Lebanon







Fine dining in Budapest







Curry and Rice in Sri Lanka






Posh Macaroons in a Boutique Café, Bucharest

 

 







2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. When I am abroad I want to eat what the locals eat.....makes memories xx





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I think it's brilliant to try different foods, I get quite excited about it sometimes, probably why I never lose weight when I'm travelling! haha ;)

      Dxx

      Delete