Monday 21 July 2014

Blankety News



Well, I’m sure you’re going to be really surprised to hear that I don’t have any more travelly bits for you yet… I do, however, have some exciting blankety news!!

Last night I finally finished the very last bit of the very last panel of my mum’s Walled Garden Blanket. Yay!!!!!!

It may have been quite late when I finished, but I did make sure to take a few pictures of my lovely stack of 15 flowery panels :)





Then, this morning I made all of the horizontal joinings of the blanket panels. A few jobs later (including a wasted trip for a hospital appointment that had been rearranged without them telling me!!! Grrrr!!!), and I was back for the evening and finishing off the 2 vertical joinings. Exciting stuff! I wish I had taken pictures during this stage, but it was wet outside and I was fitting the hooky in between other jobs, so I felt like every moment counted as I tried to get it finished...

Once that was completed, I went all around the outside with a Cascade blue row of granny squares to neaten up those edges. This continues the pattern of the panels, and will be followed with another Cream row. I had been wondering what colour to do the border edging, and after a bit of playing around I think that a Fuchsia border will look nice:

Blogger has made this one portrait as well, really not sure why! But I do like the pop of dark pink as the final round - a good colour for the edging I think :)


Of course, the decision about the border design will be made together with my mum, and before the final edging there will be a bit more border to hook up as the blanket needs to be a teensy bit wider really. I’m looking forward to searching through Pinterest with my mum to help come up with a plan :)

So, tomorrow we will leave for Pembrokeshire, bringing lots of stuff for outdoor activities with friends, my crochet project basket, and birthday presents for my mum and my best friend (whose birthdays were earlier this month). I’m really looking forward to going back, so I’m going to enjoy a bit of a read of my book before bed so I can (try to) get up bright and early tomorrow. 


But, before I go, would you like to see how the blanket looked once all of the panels were hooked together? I'm afraid it isn't a great photo as the light wasn't great, but I have to say, I am quite pleased with it - and can't wait to see how it will look with a finished border and lovely edging!! 





 

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! So far it looks fab.....border fuchsia is really pretty....nearly done now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to get photos so I can show it off soon :)

      Dxx

      Delete
  2. Wow, it looks wonderful! I like the idea of the pink border to make the colours pop. Looking forward to seeing how you finish it off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I finished the border in the fuchsia, but couldn't get any photos while I was at my mum's. I'll be there again in a few short weeks though, so photos to follow... I'm a bit gutted I have to wait so long to share! :( ;)

      Dxx

      Delete