Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Chrissy!!



Happy Christmas from Down Under!

This made me laugh...


It’s our first Christmas here and there are just the two of us, so we haven’t been very organised…

We’re not fully sorted yet, so we didn’t put up the Christmas tree. Instead, we sort-of-decorated an inflatable palm tree to commemorate our move to the tropics!



We did put up a few other decorations as well; I love this hand knitted wreath that my mum gave me years ago. And it amuses me that this symbol of Winter is hanging from the switch for the fan that we need to keep us cool in a tropical summer!



The wreath has a matching Christmas tree, a little squashed now! The skeletons are handmade ceramics which we got from Peru on last year’s travels. They don’t look so good with nothing to hang them from! And the cute handmade card there is from my best friend’s little boy – I love getting his handmade cards and pictures!



Some of my old tree ornaments work without being hung up, so they are decorating our little Christmas corner too.




I also wanted to share these with you – looking for Aussie Christmas pictures, I came across the work of Richard Galbraith. I had never heard of him before, but I immediately fell for his busy pictures and cute characters! I love them!!





 I hope you're having a lovely time with your Christmasses!! xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment