Tuesday 13 May 2014

Coast Path Flowers :)


As promised, here are more detailed pictures of the flowers from my short walk along the Pembrokeshire Coast Path

I have a lot of pictures, so I'll try not to be too wordy...  I have tried to label the flowers I know, but I haven't been able to identify all of them. I will keep trying!


First of all are some shots from the more shady banks alongside the road - a little further inland, not directly on the coast path:

A lovely purple orchid beside the road

Sunny yellow gorse flowers - to me they smell like fresh, warm coconut biscuits!

Glorious greenery in the shade of a tree

I'm not sure what this delicate little flower is - I need to find out...

I know daisies are really common, but I just like them :)




Then on to the Coast Path itself, where an intriguing mix of woodland and coastal flowers put on their glorious display:

We always used to call this one pink campion, but I think it might actually be red campion

Primroses

Pink/Red campion and bluebells - I love these colours together


 
There were lots of cowslips

Amongst the bluebells are a couple of white ones - and also amongst the pink/red campions I spot white ones too




I love the coastal flowers - I haven't seen them in so long, and they just make me feel I'm home :)

Spring squill and sea pink (or thrift)
Sea pink (or thrift)


Spring squill

Sea campion

Kidney vetch

Another unknown - I will keep trying!



Cowslips on the cliffs




I love this little succulent, growing in a natural rockery :)

I think this is English stonecrop



And finally.....


I thought I'd put this picture up again, just for fun :)








No comments:

Post a Comment