Sooooo…. This post has been a while in the coming! (In fact, I wrote it yesterday, but the wifi stopped working while I was adding the links, so here it is even later!)
Way back (in July, was it?), during my last trip to Pembrokeshire, I completed the border for my mum’s Walled Garden Blanket, and it was finished! Yay!!
Then the weather turned bad, so outdoor photos were impossible, and my mum didn’t have anywhere indoors that was suitable for photos either… so I had to leave Pembrokeshire and my blanket creation without any photos of it. Boo!
So the Walled Garden Blanket has been waiting patiently all this time to have its photoshoot. I have been less patient though, and having arrived in Pembrokeshire 6 days ago now, and not having had an opportunity for a nicely staged outdoor shoot, I just went ahead and photographed it indoors!
Da da danaaaaaa!!! Preeeeeeeesenting, the Walled Garden Blanket! C’est fin!!
Obviously the blanket doesn’t fit this bed as it is single-sized, while the bed is a king I think, but what do you think? I’m pretty chuffed!
The edging is inspired by this gorgeous blanket over at Coco Rose Diaries, which I have long admired.
It is mostly from the Doris Chan 'All Shawl' pattern, which is available here, while the corners were just kind of made up as I went along (and then had to remember what I’d done for each subsequent corner. I must write things down!!!) I’m quite pleased with how they turned out though :)
I tried a few staged shots to just indulge myself a little, but I didn’t manage too well - in the end I had to make do with plonking it on the bed, and trying to drape it over the wardrobe door and snapping a shot before it fell off! Haha
So, the big shot of the whole blanket. The shot is not quite straight as I had to balance carefully while holding the camera up high so that I could fit it all in. I took a few shots like this, and here is the one that came out the straightest! (I’m soooo professional)
So there is my finished Walled Garden Blanket. All in Stylecraft Life DK (yarn details here). I think I used 6 balls of Fern (green), 2 or 3 of the Clover (lighter pink), about 4 or 5 balls of the Fuchsia (darker pink) as it was also used for the edging, then about 2 or 3 of Cascade (blue) and I think 4 of the Cream (cream!). Doing a simpler edge would obviously save you yarn if you wanted to have a go without using up so much :)
I folded up the blanket to put it away, and just had to take another picture. Look at that lovely pile of lacy edging!! She’s a clever lady, that Doris Chan :)